January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolution


Last year, my New Year's Resolution was to find balance. For me, that meant balancing my responsibilities as a mommy with the responsibilities as an employee. I never wanted to put myself in the position of deciding whether in any certain moment, I had to choose between being an all-star mommy or an all-star employee. This is easier said than done because sometimes, your kid gets sick on a day when you really can't afford to be away from work. All in all, I did a good job finding balance. I starting saying no to some "extras" and started saying yes to simplifying my life. None of this would have happened without the support of my husband. He can tell when I'm overwhelmed and swoops in to give me a break. I hope to keep up this balance heading into 2012, with a few added goals.

This year, I want to:
1) remove clutter - if I haven't used in the the past two years, its gotta go
2) run a half marathon - I almost made it this year until I found out I was preggers
3) be more selfless, especially when it comes to my kids - really, updating my Facebook status is NOT more important than the kid wrapped around my ankles begging for my attention
4) continue to live with intention - this might mean a career change, or moving somewhere, or something BIG...we are due for a meaningful change in my house

Do you have a New Year's Resolution?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2010 The Darwin Girls | Premium Blogger Templates & Photography Logos | PSD Design by Amuki