December 15, 2011

Twinkle Lights

When it comes to the holiday season, there's one thing that my husband and I can't agree on...white or colored twinkle lights on the Christmas tree. For the last 5 years we have been alternating the lights on the tree, but this year, we both win. We have two Christmas trees now so I can decorate mine with white lights and he can put those silly multi-colored lights on the other tree. I think white lights are classy, beautiful, and simple. I don't even like colored lights in the front yard, let alone on my tree. I think that colored lights are fun, silly, and remind me of the circus - and that's not Christmas for me.

Help us settle the debate, which lights are better?

4 comments:

E of the Darwin Girls said...

White for the tree, Multi-colored for the outside of the house!

E of the Darwin Girls said...

But the multi-colored lights have to have big, old-fashioned type bulbs.

A of the Darwin Girls said...

My ultimate vote is a tall Charlie brown tree with old school big "real" Christmas multicolored lights! But big lights if they are multicolored!

Chrissy said...

I don't think either are "better." Usually your family's tradition plays a big roll in your choice. We've always had red and white on our tree because we got them for free our first year as a married couple (our mother in law put them up at our wedding reception). Now it just doesn't seem right to change them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2010 The Darwin Girls | Premium Blogger Templates & Photography Logos | PSD Design by Amuki