November 23, 2011

Ornament Gift Attempt

Hi folks!
So I had this brilliant idea for an ornament- make hand prints on felt with baby's hand and "frame" them with an embroidery hoop to give as gifts to hang on the tree.
Turns out execution was more difficult than imagined.
First: cut squares big enough to hang outside the hoop.

Second: Paint baby's hand and press palm to felt.  Get help!

This is why you need help.

When hand prints were too hard, we decided to try feet.

So cute.


We made 8.
I recommend a more opaque paint and maybe gentler pressure.

I pressed the felt into the embroidery hoop.  It's not what I imagined, but with the nicer ones I can at least give a gift to the grandparents and keep one for us.



-J

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2010 The Darwin Girls | Premium Blogger Templates & Photography Logos | PSD Design by Amuki